What constitutes ragging ?
Ragging constitutes one or more of the following acts :
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing,treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Including in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any other student or students which cause or is likely to cause annoyance hardship,physical or psychological harm to raise fear or apprehension there off in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating sense of shame,or torment of embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or physce of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts, or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it : sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts,gestures causing bodily harm or any other danger to health of person.Any act or abuse by spoken words, email, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or
- passively participating in the discomfiture to the fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self confidence od a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power,authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Anti Ragging committee
Chairman : Dr. A.K. Tiwari (Principal) : 93004-91034
Deputy Chairman : Dr. Prafulla Kumar Vyas : 93013-23362
- Dr. Vandana Sharma : 94240-00514
- Dr. Arun Kumar Dubey : 93098-47276
- Mr. Trilok Chand Bhag : 98271-74464
- Mr. Anand Shrivastava : 93025-77250
- Mrs. Seema Pathak : 90094-49718
Action can be taken in the event of ragging :
The Anti-ragging committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-ragging squad, award to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending the classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national, or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.