|Name and address of the Institution
||Telephone No. with Code
||Year of establishment
Plot No. 788/1p/3, 792/4, 788/1p/2 & 792/3,
PH-106, Disha Park Campus, Building 01, First Floor,
Ram Nagar- Kota Marg, Kushalpur, Raipur (C.G.)
I. Teacher Education Programmes
||Number and Year of NCTE Recognition
Year : 2005
(Two Units of 50 Each)
II. Details of Affiliation
||Name of the Affiliating Body
||Number and Year Affiliation
||Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur (C.G.)
III. Status of Affiliation
- Permanent/Temporary: Temporary
In the case of Temporary Affiliation, it is valid up to 2015-16 and affiliation of 2016-17 yet to be received (Renewed every year)
IV. Type of Management (Mark which is applicable)
- Self-financing Institution
V. In the case of Government aided or Self-financing Institution, mention if the institution is managed by Registered Society; Disha Education Society
VI. Status of the Institution (Mark which is applicable)
- Department in a Composite Institution offering UG/PG Programmes in various disciplines
VII. Institution meant for Co-Educational (Male and Female)
- Whether accessible in all-weather and through Pucca Road: Yes
- Name of the Nearest Railway Station: Raipur JN.
In addition to the general information mentioned at i to x above, the institution may highlight the following, if it so desired:
- History of the Institution
- Disha College was established in the year 2001 in a small building at New Shanti Nagar, Raipur. It has now been shifted to a new campus situated in Ram Nagar-Kota Marg, Raipur. It started B.Ed. from the session 2006-07. It has now a total strength of about 1000 students. in various streams including B.Ed. (intake 100). Disha College has produced 92 merit holders in University examinations with a number of them being gold medalist. The college is registered under 2(f) UGC Act of 1956.
- Vision Statement
- The vision of the college is to build leaders of future by imparting meaningful and conscientious learning process to provide proper directions, momentum to their creativity and to imbue willpower to achieve. The society looks forward to established august temple of learning to educate & train people to become conscientious performers and to reach the pinnacle of glory.
- Mission and Objectives
- Disha is a relentless pursuit and postulation for, embedding harmony and coexistence as essence of living of man and universe. The objectives are-
- To provide quality education.
- To nurture social awareness and responsibilities among the students.
- To provide ample scope for multifaceted development.
- To pursue students centric learning for self-development and skill development among students.
- To enhance employability skills of students.
- To improve the level of English by introducing personality development and communication skill classes
- Significant Achievements and Contributions in the field of Education, such as Awards/Recognition, Eminent Alumni etc.
Significant Achievement, if any
- In its tenure of 16 years the college has produced 92 merit list holders in university examinations including 16 no. of gold medalist.
Contributions in the field of Education
- Disha College has so far 1000 B.Ed. pass outs (approx.).
Awards and Recognitions Received
- Disha College has produced 16 gold medalists in the university examination so far.
- Mr. Ashish Tikariha - Deputy Collector
- Mr. Rajat Kocher - Company Executive
- Mr. Sushant Paretkar - Own Business (Adv. Agency)
- Ms. Shradha Khadani - Godrej Consumer Production
- Mr. Utkarsh Chaturvedi - Senior Reporter, IBN